… long, long ago, well that’s how it seems! We are unable to post pictures of our Christmas commissions yet, so how about a bit of history.
We first got serious about art and craft in 1994, when we took over a business running ceramic art classes – we called it ‘Studio Minerva’. The shop was built in the mid 1800s and has been used for all sorts of trades.
The picture on the left dates from 1870, the one on the right slightly later.
Unfortunately we closed the business in 1999, because trade was not flourishing – and now, ironically, the shop is a financial advisor, ‘Assured Private Wealth’.
But we loved our time there, made many friends, learned loads about ceramics, glazes, kilns, and customers, so thought it fitting to do a caricature of the old place. It hasn’t changed too much in over 100 years. The houses to the left are now replaced by the Co-op.
How life changes in 25 years, or even 150!